Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Post CF9 installation error running cfadmin

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and web server are you using?  Sounds like the installer didn't complete properly (or at least didn't completely set up the web server integration).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the server is .

• Windows 2008 R2 SP1 64Bit
  • SQL Server R2 SP2 Web

CF console does not start.

The install file was downloaded from Adobe yesterday, ColdFusion_9_WWEJ_win64.

Windows Server Version 6.1 build 7601: Service Pack 1

IIS Version 7.5.7600.16385

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the installer under the Administrator login, and did you "Run As Administrator" when running the installer?

By "CF console does not start" do you mean you can't start ColdFusion by running the cfstart.bat file (in \ColdFusion9\bin)?  If so, it sounds like the whole installation didn't complete properly.  I'd uninstall and reinstall again, and I'd make sure to login to Windows as Administrator and launch the installer using "Run As Administrator".

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, what I mean is that I get a 404.3 Not Found error when I try to run http://localhost:80/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ran the installer, did you choose to install the web server connectors to IIS?  It sounds like either you didn't or it didn't complete properly.  You can re-run the Web Server Connector Tool from the ColdFusion program group on the Start menu (make sure to "Run As Administrator").  If the connector was at least partially installed, you will see IIS listed under Configured Web Servers.  If it's there already, remove it and close and restart the Web Server Connector Tool.  Then click Add... and connect IIS.  You can either connect all IIS websites, or each one individually.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should add that if you didn't install the web server connector, then you would get to the CF Administrator using the built-in server using this address: http://localhost:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm.  Note the port number for the built-in server is usually 8500.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation