• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator cs6 "this file cannot be found" problem when open file from network

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to install the trial version of Illustrator CC on my desktop and then when the trial run out I decide to go with illustrator CS6 instead, So I decide to buy &
install Illustrator CS6 on our desktop and everything seem to be fine except

the problem is our .ai file is located on the network shared drive of the design team,

When we try to open the file from the network drive with illustrator CS6, it said "This file cannot be found"

- we try to copy the file from network drive to our desktop and file can open without problem

- if we directly double click the file from the network drive to launch the illustrator CS6 with that file. It's also fine, no problem at all.

- but if we open the illustrator CS6 first and try open.. and then browse to that file on network, then "This file cannot be found" happen again.

- Illustrator CS6 have no problem open file in the local harddisk.

- Illustrator CC never have this problem open file in our network drive, try reinstall the Illustrator CC trial again and it can open without problem

- I try using Adobe CC Cleaner tool to remove everything before reinstall the Illustrator CS6, still no luck.

- Try remove the Adobe relate folder in user/user/Appdata and then reinstall, still no luck

- Try right click and open with --> Illustrator CS6 , yes if we double click the file directly it's ok, but as mentioned if we open illustrator first then browse for the file, the problem happen.

Did I miss anything to fix it ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Hi, I just able to fix it, one path of our network folder is contain a Thai language character.
when we rename it to all english character, it able to fix!

may be it's a bug since Illustrator CC don't find trouble open that file, but anyway if it work at least I don't have to guess any more.

Thanks for support Dhirendra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let us know which OS are you working on? This will help us look at the problem accordingly.

Thanks!

Dhirendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The OS that we working on is Windows 7 SP1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can you check if you are not selecting any temporary file in the File>Open dialog? Try the option to not show hidden items from folder and search options.

2. Try to select 'AI/AIT' format from the file format dropdown in File>Open dialog.

3. You can disconnect the network drive once and try to reconnect it and then see if the problem still occurs.

4. You may please see if the restarting your computer helps in getting rid of this issue.

Thanks!

Dhirendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just able to fix it, one path of our network folder is contain a Thai language character.
when we rename it to all english character, it able to fix!

may be it's a bug since Illustrator CC don't find trouble open that file, but anyway if it work at least I don't have to guess any more.

Thanks for support Dhirendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good to know that the problem has been resolved for you.

Regards,

Dhirendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same thing happend to me,

in my office the same folder with hebrew name, I can open files

on my laptop the same folder with hebrew name, I cannot open files.

I know its about the folder because when I put the files in a different folder, it open them.

how can I fix it without changing the names of my entire work folders?

there must be a different between my two computers.

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't work directly on a server with Illustrator. There's a risk of data loss.

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not working on a server.

I'm working on a local folder and it sync with dropbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened with greek letters in file path. Moving the file to another folder with only English characters fixes the issue but I think it is a bug... And an annoying one, IMHO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. from the Windows Control Panel

2. change the option:

"Language for non-Unicode programs" and choose the language that your folders or file names is in.

3. Restart the computer 

4. it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me! I had greek characters in the file path of my ai. files. By setting Greek as the Language for non-unicode Programs fixed everything.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines