• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation feature

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run the Printed Documentation by generating a Word docx for a hand full of topics, I select Microsoft Word Template and for the template I select Style Mapping.dot and for Map Non-heading Styles I use Projects CSS Styles (used only) and I select the normal style below that section and then I generate.  It goes thru the motions and just before it is completed I get an error message and it closes RoboHelp completely.

Is there a limit to the number of topics I can generate to a Word doc?

I want to understand why this is happening.

Thank you!

Joanna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joanna.

No there is no limit to the number of topics you can have in printed documentation. Can you tell us what the error message you are getting is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the message that I receive:

RoboHelp_error_pic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First please confirm this does not happen if you create a printed output from one of the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Then delete your project's CPD file and reopen the project.

If still not working, create a build tag called Test. Select half the topics in the Project List and right click, then select Properties to apply the tag. If that generates, you know there is a rogue topic in the other half. Apply the tag to half of them and so on.

What version of Word are you using?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sample works.

I did select docx - so I tried docx with one topic, it failed. I tried it with doc and one topic, it failed.

I deleted the CPD file and then reopened RH and tried with one topic on doc, it failed.

I also tried the conditional tag scenarios and it still failed.

So, we have also added a expand and collapse all buttons and a PDF format button.  Could those be causing the failure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exclude all your topics and create one without the buttons to test that

scenario.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the issue it keeps failing is because when it goes to build the Title Page it fails. How can I help with the title page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you specifying your own title page or the default? It's difficult to say what it is if it is your own page.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure...all I am doing is moving over to the right side of the screen the topic(s) I want printed in Word. In the dialog box under the Content section, everything is set to default (Table of Contents, Index, and Glossary). For Images I have selected (embedded in documents...), and for Settings I have selected (generate a single document). The next screen shows me my topics, and I remove them all and then just add in select topics. Then I submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The third page of the dialog contains a Section Layout that will either specify Default Title page or your own document. If it is the default, I would doubt that is causing a crash.

Try creating a new print layout, not a duplicate.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp