• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Flash Player 12 on Mac OS X 10.9.2

Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

I was trying to install Flash Player 12 on my new MacBook Pro (OS X 10.9.2).

The download was ok but when installing, it gives an error :Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 12.04.28 pm.png

Can anyone help, please...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. I have already changed System Preference settings to accept applications that are non-Appstore and still won't work. Also tried, the uninstall and re-install and nothing. Always stops at 50% and then goes to error screen as above screenshot from OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the FULL installer: Flash Player 12 Plug-in (Mac OS X)

Double click it to "mount the DMG"

Right click the installer and choose "Open"

You'll see a warning about opening it. Click Yes and proceed with the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike! I do know how to install plug-ins so no issues on that... However, I got it to work but had gone about it another way. I did the proposed solution from this link.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/25230492#25230492

Repair the Hard Drive and Permissions - Mavericks, Lion/Mountain Lion

Boot to the Recovery HD:

Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.

Repair

When the recovery menu appears select Disk Utility. After DU loads select your hard drive entry (mfgr.'s ID and drive size) from the the left side list.  In the DU status area you will see an entry for the S.M.A.R.T. status of the hard drive.  If it does not say "Verified" then the hard drive is failing or failed. (SMART status is not reported on external Firewire or USB drives.) If the drive is "Verified" then select your OS X volume from the list on the left (sub-entry below the drive entry,) click on the First Aid tab, then click on the Repair Disk button. If DU reports any errors that have been fixed, then re-run Repair Disk until no errors are reported. If no errors are reported then click on the Repair Permissions button. When the process is completed, then quit DU and return to the main menu. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Try installing Flash again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines