• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Pausing

New Here ,
May 22, 2007 May 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am recording screens on demonstration mode, I am having slides pause inapropriately. This will happen within a slide, ie the slide will not complete all actions, and is translated through to the published swf file. The project will not proceed without pausing and un-pausing the presentation. It will also happen betwen slides, in that the transition between the two slides will not complete without pausing and un-pausing the presentation.
The project I am referring to, as an example is:

4560 KB in size

Project Size 790 X 545 Browser, Originally captured @ 1152 X 864 and resized

Contains 23 slides

14 Bitmap Images(Backgrounds) @ 1682 KB each

3 Bitmap Images(Images) 1 @ 1191 KB, 1 @ 3673 KB, 1 @ 3889 KB

2 Audio Clips, 1 @ 55 KB, 1 @ 653 KB

1 Fullmotion Video @ 437 KB

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vdefazzio and welcome to our community

My guess is that you need to click Options > Recording Options... and check your actual recording mode. I'll bet it isn't Demonstration as you are claiming. I'll bet you see one of the following instead of Demonstration.

* Assessment Simulation
* Training Simulation
* Other

I would expect that if you examine the existing slides and look in the Timeline area, you will see instances of Click Box objects. If you see them (and I fully expect you will) these objects are pausing the project. You will either need to delete them or re-record the project in Demonstration mode to eliminate pausing.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am 100% sure that I am using Demonstration Mode , I've just opened the original, un-resized project and clicked record, and it is set to demonstration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Another possibility comes to mind here. This is something new that appeared with version 2 of Captivate. In version 1, when you recorded, each slide was timed to about 3 seconds. This meant that if you clicked a drop-down menu and waited for 30 seconds before clicking anything else, the next click captured the screen and nobody was the wiser that you had waited that long.

Version 2 can change this. Take a look at the following option by clicking Options > Recording Options... and look at the bottom option. It is labeled "Record actions in real time". Is this possibly enabled? If so, maybe the slides aren't truly pausing, but instead are timed such that the appearance is a long pause before movement is observed again.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, none of my slides are longer than7 seconds, these pauses occur indefinitely until a pause and un pause occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose it's possible to share the .CP file with us so we may see it first hand? You could use something like YouSendIt. Click here to visit YouSendIt.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where should I send it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What you do is upload the file there, then provide a link here for us to grab it and pull it down.

I'm headed out the door at the moment. So unless someone else sees it and can help, I'll be back in a couple of hours.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Just downloaded the file and I see you have two buttons on each slide. The buttons are what is pausing the movie. By default, the very nature of Button and Click Box objects is to pause the movie until your user interacts. What you can do is to double-click one of the buttons and click the Options tab. There, DE-select the "Pause after" check box. After you do this, click the check box at the bottom of the dialog labeled "Apply to all". Then click the Settings button next to the check box. Make the following selections: Apply only changed properties and Apply to all slides. Then click Close and OK.

After you make those changes, your movie should play right along. However, you will probably want to change the timings of the buttons. As after you do this, you very briefly see the buttons. I'm guessing that won't be what you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, already thought of that. The unwanted pausing happens on slides that don't have buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Have you inserted a caption on the slides immediately before the slides that seem to inexplicably pause? I'm wondering if what you are seeing is a lag time as external .SWF (Full motion clips) load up.

I changed all the buttons so no pausing occurred and the movie played right through until the end. I did notice a few spots where the progress indicator seemed to momentarily pause, but it wasn't for any length of time.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources