• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After installing, when the site pops up to say "here is another product...", nothing shows up?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing flash player, when the website pops up to say "here is another product...", nothing shows up on the site.  Is this a sign that there was a problem with the install?  I did a fresh install of FP12 as I was having crash issues with games/websites.  It would work, but inevitably, the player would crash.  I'm hoping a fresh install will solve it, but I'm not liking that nothing shows up on the Adobe site after this install completed.  Any thoughts on this would be welcomed.  Going to test the install now.

Win7 Pro 64bit

Firefox 27.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download the following:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Flash Player Uninstaller

Also, download these:

Shockwave Player Uninstaller

Shockwave Player 112 FULL installer (ther browsers)

You'll need to install Shockwave with the FULL installer for IE too, but there isn't a direct download for it. You'll need to go to: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ using IE AFTER everything else is done.

Save all the files and close your browser.

Run the uninstallers first (both of them)

Go to: C/Windows/System32

Delete the Macromed folder.

Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64

Delete the Macromed folder.

Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key + R and type 'regedit' [minus the quotes] and click OK)

In the Registry Editor, go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE

Delete the Macromedia folder (Right click and choose "Delete").

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder there too.

Close the Registry Editor and empty your recycle bin.

Run the Flash Player installers, and then the Shockwave FULL installer you downloaded.

Lastly, open IE and go to: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ to download and install the Shockwave FULL installer for ActiveX (IE).

For Firefox, I recommend FlashBlock (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashblock/) It's prevent ANY Flash content from loading until you allow it manually. It can get to be a pain, but you eventually get used to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa, okay.    I appreciate the info, Mike.  Could you give me some information as to why all this is needed?  You don't have to go into a ton of techincal detail, just the gist would work!  I'm curious as to why I need to deal with Shockwave's software.  Doesn't Flash cover all that?  And in regards to FlashBlock, that would be something I do after everything else is done, right?

I appreciate your help and your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those steps will make sure that NOTHING from a previous install is left behind. A full, clean install, if you will.

The main purpose of that is so that if you still see problems, it can eliminate Flash Player as the cause.

Flash Block install last, after all else is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The main purpose of that is so that if you still see problems, it can eliminate Flash Player as the cause."

Love it.  Hoping to get to it tonight, but life has a way of peeling me away from my 'puter every now and then.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Mike.  The installs went well.  So far, so good.  Holding off on FlashBlock while I stress test the Flash Player.  I'll post back after I put it through its marks.  Again, I really, really appreciate your help!  Issues like this drive me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just posting back to say that your fix works like a charm, Mike!  Haven't had ANY issues at all.  You're the man!  Gonna check out FlashBlock next.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines