Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mad cause of issues

Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 10.5.8 Mac here with Safari and I had to re install cd rom and delete stuff do full work anyhow I cant find adobe flash player I am trying to load Paltalk it said my flash Player is out of date please help thanks I also called 3rd party they would not help but gave me a number to call tomorrow I cant wait till tomorrow Thank U.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Okay. There's bad news, more bad news and even more bad news:

Bad news: Flash Player 10.3.183.90 is the latest version you can ever run on a G5. The processor architecture is no longer supported anywhere, even at Apple. 10.3.183.90 is the last build Adobe made for PPC Mac.

More bad news: Because your Mac is PPC, OS 10.5.8 is the end of the road for OS X with it. ALL newer versions of OS X require Intel Processors.

Even more bad news: Most ALL websites require a minimum of Flash Player 11.9 for feat

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See other replies I've made to your posts, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as said I am on a mac 10.58 I need to load adobe Flash Player  Safari on it as well I dont think fire fox can be used on macs so I did not try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>About This Mac

What processor does your Mac have? (PowerPC® or Intel®)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PCG5 thanks 2.1 GHZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. There's bad news, more bad news and even more bad news:

Bad news: Flash Player 10.3.183.90 is the latest version you can ever run on a G5. The processor architecture is no longer supported anywhere, even at Apple. 10.3.183.90 is the last build Adobe made for PPC Mac.

More bad news: Because your Mac is PPC, OS 10.5.8 is the end of the road for OS X with it. ALL newer versions of OS X require Intel Processors.

Even more bad news: Most ALL websites require a minimum of Flash Player 11.9 for features that require Flash Player, and you can't install or run it on a PowerPC Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what do I need to down load if so give me link please I do play music here and chat all the time it said sorry can not chat cause flash player needs to be on. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is in my last post.

It's a zip file.

Inside it are several folders.

One is named "10_3_r183_90".

Inside that folder is a flashplayer_10_3r183_90_mac_intel.dmg

01.jpg

Double click that and it will mount on your desktop, and open a window with the installer.

1.jpg

Right click the installer and choose "Show Package Contents"

2.jpg

Go to: Contents/Resources and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file

3.jpg

The installer will open, ask for your Admin password, and it will install.

As stated earlier though, 10.3 will not work with most sites today because they require a minimum of 11.9, which is not available for Macs running 10.5.8, even if they're Intel. Flash Player 11 requires OS 10.6.8 as a minimum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

said install failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the flash player on my main screen though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No... you see the installer.

The Player is a plug-in in your browser.

You'd need to go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plug-ins to see the plug-in file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines