New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash : 12.0

Adobe Reader: 11.05

Browser: IE 11

Hi,

when launching a PDF that is classed as a portfolio I get the below error which appears to require flash to be installed.

error1.JPG

two things im sort of observing:

• due to being on windows 8.1 Flash is now installed via Microsoft. I cannot find a valid update for windows 8.1 from adobe site  can find for windows 8 but nothing for windows 8.1
  • Since Flash player Plugin is no longer bundled with Adobe Reader I need to install seperatly but i cant because of point 1.

If i install the windows 8 version of flash onto the machine I can open the PDF file no problem but by doiing this im not sure what file i might be over wrtiing and cause further issues down the track .

Read somewhere that the NPSWF64_12_0_0_70.dll is what adobe reader would use . copy the file to the required location and registering the dll seemed to do nothing as i get the same error.

My question is how can i get the Flash Plugin for Adobe reader to work so that I can open PDF portfolios ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Windows 8.x only comes with the Flash Player ActiveX (for Internet Explorer); you need to install the plugin manually from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.x only comes with the Flash Player ActiveX (for Internet Explorer); you need to install the plugin manually from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your Quick Response .

I think that is what i had installed previously but since it didn't have windows 8.1 specifically i was not sure .

But again thank you for confirming and I will install this for this particular user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines