• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Words that start with bold letters are not searchable in RoboHelp HTML v10

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I search for specific words that starts with a bold letter (e.g. "Allowance"), that I know are in the eManual, I get zero results. I have several other eManuals with similar formatted words, but have no problems with them coming up in the search results.

I've spent some time comparing the settings between the eManual that works and the one that doesn't.  I've gone into the topic properties, checked the Stop List in Project Settings, and reviewed the HTML, thinking that the bold tag was breaking the word up in HTML, therefore limiting the search- but I believe the search uses text instead of HTML.

I've attached two screenshots. One of the Design (text) and the other of the HTML.

Design/Text

Design.jpg

HTML

HTML.jpg

I am using RoboHelp HTML, version 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

Gretchan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search should ignore the bold markup. But what happens if you remove

the markup of one of these words? Does the search find it in that case?

Also, in which outputs is it a problem? And does it work ok in others?

(Just trying to narrow down possible causes.)

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

When I remove the markup, the search does find the word(s). I tested it with several instances.

And I'm using WebHelp output. We don't use any others.

Thank you,

Gretchan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the same with different browsers or is this just an IE issue.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter-

It's the same with all browsers, including Chrome, IE, and Firefox. And the other manuals I maintain work just fine with the bold markup. It's very curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That confirms that it is project specific.

I would first try deleting the CPD file and then reopening Rh.

Next I would create a new WebHelp layout (not a duplicate). Just use the defaults to test the issue. Apply your settings if that fixes it.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking to this too. It starts to smell like a bug.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter-

I deleted the CPD, reopened Rh, and created a new WebHelp layout, as you suggested above. No fix- the search still won't bring up words that start with bold letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was project specific as you said it worked in other projects. However, I have just tested and found the same issue and, as above, so has Willam.

I am curious as to what could be different about the projects where it is not a problem. Have they been worked on in Rh10?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting because all of my eManuals are in Rh10. I tested a few other manuals that have the bold markup and found that it finds some, but not others.

Here's an example of a different eManual I have, where the words are: "Assistance for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (AABD)." "Assistance" doesn't come up in the search, but the remaining words do ( Aged, Blind, Disabled). I've included the HTML and Design view below:

AABDHTML.jpg

AABDDesign.jpg

I'm beginning to think that we'll just have to remove the bold markup on the first letter and let it be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thanks for reporting this issue.

You might have notieced, in this case "Assistance" in XHTML becomes <span ..>A</span><span ..>ssistance ... </span>

Here word gets splitted into "A" "ssistance". Currently RoboHelp does not index words splitted like this. We have logged a feature request for this.

In this case if user search for "ssistance" user will get that in search result.

For now, you can achieve through any of following work arround

• Add Topic keyword "Assistance" in that topic
  • Add a synonym like word= ssistance and synonym = Assistance

Please let us know where it works for you.

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp