Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANN: New ExtendScript samples for beginners

Mentor ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've worked up a set of samples designed to help beginners get started with ExtendScript. This is mainly as a public service, as I felt there was a lack of simple, working samples out there to help new users get started. I really feel that the ability to customize FrameMaker is one of its great strengths and the acceptance of ExtendScript is very important to its future. So, if we want the product to stay competitive, it's my belief that more ExtendScript usage is critical.

Anyway, I encourage you to get to know it, not just for FrameMaker's sake, but also for your own professional development. Technical writers who can customize their tools, even in small ways, significantly increase their market value. ExtendScript can be tricky to get a hold of at first, even for an experienced FDK developer, but the effort is well worth it.

Enjoy, and feedback is welcome!

http://www.weststreetconsulting.com/WSC_ExtendScriptSamples.htm

Russ

(cross-posting to the main FM forum)

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russ, This is an excellent and generous contribution to the scripting community. I will look forward to seeing the scripts and comparing notes with you. Thank you very much. --Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Russ,

Thanks for posting these. They are well commented and should be an excellent resource for anyone trying to decipher and figure out Adobe's [obtuse] documentation.

Arrnis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines