• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Implement Flash player to website

Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm not a professioal webmaster and not used to many technical issues, so please forgive me any stupid questions here. I'm the current and temporarily webmaster of the website [removed]. I got the order to implement a video-widget to play an introductional video on the homepage. While I haven't done something like that before - just know that Adobe flash player is usually used for that - I decided to come up with this question here. I hope you can help me out with giving me a short description of the process and thank you in advance. David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

You can embed a video on a website with just HTML and JavaScript at this point.  Also, Flash Player is going away at the end of 2020, so putting Flash content on your website is not a good investement in time or energy at this point.  

A quick google search for "embed a video on a website" turns up a bunch of tutorials and options.  Like other folks have noted, using Youtube or Vimeo to host a video, and then just copying and pasting their embed code is probably the easiest option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't embed the player in a website. It's an "End User" plug-in. You can embed Flash content, but it's up to the visitor to play it.

As far as widgets go, you'd be best to ask in the Dreamweaver forum how to implement that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, that was very helpful. I'm going to check out the dreamweaver forum to learn how to implement the widget I need. If you're interested in how it worked out drop by and have a look at it on my site [removed] ! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is to upload your video to a site like YouTube or Vimeo. You can then insert the embed code of the video into your sites web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can embed a video on a website with just HTML and JavaScript at this point.  Also, Flash Player is going away at the end of 2020, so putting Flash content on your website is not a good investement in time or energy at this point.  

A quick google search for "embed a video on a website" turns up a bunch of tutorials and options.  Like other folks have noted, using Youtube or Vimeo to host a video, and then just copying and pasting their embed code is probably the easiest option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with this answer. Embeding a video is the best option. I did the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Embeding a video is the best option..."

Except for users behind corporate firewalls that have had their YouTube access blocked.

HTML5 <video> with MP4 works for everyone on all devices.

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<title>HTML5 Video</title>

<video width="320" height="240" controls>
<source src="my_movie.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

</body>
</html>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines