Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 2.0 & 3.0 has stopped working on load

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm desperate here because this error has stopped me full-on from doing what I love...reading and reviewing ebooks. Publishers (big ones, like Harper Collings, Simon & Schuster, Disney/Hyperion) send me ebooks, first encrypted with .ascm. Up until today I have had absolutely NO problems.

Today, ADE 2.0 stopped working when I tried to open a file I'd just downloaded. I did the normal things...I checked for a new update - version 3.0 is available so I uninstalled 2.0 and installed 3.0. Now 3.0 is not working. I restarted my computer twice, I tried installing from another account on my computer (I have an account and so do my kids), I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice, and I even read a solution that said that a file in My Digital Editions could be corrupt so to delete that folder and try to open it.

NOTHING is working.

This is VERY important for me to get working...without it, I can't do my "job". I run a book review blog, and without the books to review I'm sortof at a standstill.

Please help!

Oh, also I use Windows 8 if that helps.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you are experiencing the same problem I and others are having. See my post: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1420854?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm not getting an error...instead of loading I just see "Adobe Digital Editions 2.0/3.0 has stopped working". Which is extremely unhelpful.

The solution I came up with on my own was to uninstall ADE 2.0 and 3.0 and download a super old version and install it. Somewhere in the forums here someone said 1.7.2 works, so that's the one I've got running now and my problem has disappeared. Since I use it only for opening the files and then transfer them to another program, I don't really care which version I'm running...

Though it is EXTREMELY irritating that the only option to open these files is ADE and it doesn't work properly and there is no support. If they're going to have a program people will need to use on a daily basis (with absolutely no other option), they need to be sure that they're there to help when things go wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found a work a round. I restored to version 1.7.2 and it hasn't solved my problem which seems to do with how the connections go between ADE and where ever it's getting the book to be downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines