8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2015 6:21 PM by burke31 RSS

After Effects Error 5070 :: 2 Please Help !

dip

Hi,

My computer:

2011 iMac 27“, 3.4 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M + 2 x 24“ Cinema Displays

My problem:

1- In After Effects when I try to enable Ray-Traced 3D I get error 5070 :: 2 (see screenshot 1)

2- I updated the CUDA drivers to version 5.5.47 (see screenshot 2)

3- After Effects quits unexpectedly and I get an After Effects Alert (see screenshot 3)

Please help I can't open AE anymore!!!

Tom

ScreenShot 1.png

ScreenShot 2.png

ScreenShot 3.png

• 1. Re: After Effects Error 5070 :: 2 Please Help !
          dip Community Member

Ok, I removed the CUDA drivers from my System and After Effects opens normaly...

BUT...

Now I get this message and Ray-Tracing is really slow...

What is the deal with CUDA? I read that it doesn't work well with ATI cards so why does AfterEffects ask me to install the drivers? If I do, it crashes on startup...

Can someone please help me with this, I don't get why AfterEffects can't use my ATI GPU and asks me to install drivers that make it crash...

Thank you,

Tom

ScreenShot 4.png

• 2. Re: After Effects Error 5070 :: 2 Please Help !
            Szalam CommunityMVP

dip wrote:

Now I get this message and Ray-Tracing is really slow...

What is the deal with CUDA? I read that it doesn't work well with ATI cards so why does AfterEffects ask me to install the drivers? If I do, it crashes on startup...

Can someone please help me with this, I don't get why AfterEffects can't use my ATI GPU and asks me to install drivers that make it crash...

After Effects is not asking you to install a driver that makes it crash. It is telling you that you need a specific kind of card WITH a specific driver installed. You need both things. The message could have been worded better though.

CUDA is NVIDIA technology. After Effects uses NVIDIA's proprietary technology to speed up the ray-traced renderer. You can't use that technology without an NVIDIA card.

You have three choices.

1. Check the radio button so that you don't see that warning ever again and live with the slow rendering of the ray-traced renderer.
            2. Install an NVIDIA card that fits the specs requried.
            3. Don't use the ray-traced rendering at all. There are much better options. Element 3d, Mettle's ShapeShifter, and Zaxwerks 3d Invigorator are three very good choices for quick-rendering 3d in After Effects. Also, if you have After Effects CC, you can use Cinema 4d that comes with AE for all your 3d work.

I would suggest option 3. The ray-traced renderer, even when accelerated, is not a very good option for 3d in AE. That's why the AE team decided to integrate heavily with Cinema 4D in the latest version of After Effects.

• 3. Re: After Effects Error 5070 :: 2 Please Help !
              dip Community Member

Thank you! I will have a look at Cinema 4D.

I really appreciate your answer!

All the best,

Tom

• 4. Re: After Effects Error 5070 :: 2 Please Help !
                burke31

How did you remove the CUDA drivers from my System?

• 5. Re: After Effects Error 5070 :: 2 Please Help !
                  Szalam CommunityMVP

This page explains how to remove the CUDA drivers a few paragraphs in: Avoid installing NVIDIA CUDA drivers on computers with AMD GPUs

• 6. Re: After Effects Error 5070 :: 2 Please Help !
                    burke31 Community Member

The Mac I'm using doesn't seem to have Mac HD/Library/Frameworks, do you know of any of way?

• 7. Re: After Effects Error 5070 :: 2 Please Help !
                      Todd_Kopriva Adobe Employee

> The Mac I'm using doesn't seem to have Mac HD/Library/Frameworks

Apple hides the Library folder by default.

• 8. Re: After Effects Error 5070 :: 2 Please Help !
                        burke31 Community Member

I found the library folder, but I still cant find the folder for "frameworks." Also, I removed the CUDA driver (or thought I did), but After Effects still gives me the error mentioned above.

The odd thing about this is that After Effects was working slow, but fine before I attempted to update the CUDA driver. But after I installed it, Ray-traced 3C doesn't work at all? Any idea anyone?