Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player on samsung galaxy tab 3 how to install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Side-loading Flash Player means that you're running an ancient version of Flash Player that's missing several hundred security fixes.  Using it to browse the web at this point is unwise.

This is the only decent solution I know about at this point:

Puffin Web Browser - The fastest mobile browser with Flash support over cloud on iPad, iPhone and Android.‌

I'm going to lock this thread now, since nothing on this front is going to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no flash player for Galaxy (Android) anymore.

Use either Dolphin or Puffin as your browser. They play Flash content without draining your batteries. They're free in the GooglePlay store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike,

I actually downloaded the dolphin browser on my samsung tab and install the Adobe Flash player from the browser and it worked perfectly fine.

My question is will this have any repercussions on my device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GT-P5200 samsung galaxy tab 3 10.1 wifi version install flash player but when open in Mozilla firefox browse it said (A plugin is need to display this content).Help Plz....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot (repeat: cannot) install the latest Flash Player on an Android device, because there isn't one. Not for almost two years now.

Use one of the alternate browsers (Dolphin or Puffin). Firefox for Android WON'T play Flash content on any device running Android 3 or higher. Period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replying mike... I have try all the thing possible on my samsung galaxy tab 3.That is installing flash player manually from archive flash player. I did try on dolphin and puffin, on dolphin it does not work and shows a blank page but in puffin flash is available only during the day time only.Also I tried in many other more browses with flash player included but not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99% of the time, the archived versions will get you a "You need the latest Flash Player" message wherever you try to use them. So basically, they're useless.

Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android (Kindle, Galaxy, smartphones) do not want their users viewing Flash content. It's just that simple. Playing Flash content is processor consumptive and it drains batteries, also shortening the life of them, and Apple & Google don't want to replace dead batteries for customers from that.

Apple is really good about telling iPad and iPhone customers that they can't use them for Flash content, but Amazon & Google act like it's some sort of national security secret, and the world will end if they tell a cusotmer that Flash is off limits, and they lose a sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it is not possible to play a flash content on my tablet anymore.But what will happen to all the flash required stuffs in the future...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video is moving to HTML5, but it's up to webmasters to do the upgrade (I only upload HTML5 video anymore - NO Flash for me). Flash games and things like Facebook's multi-image uploader can't be done in HTML5, because that's only for video. They'll have to come up with Javascript or PHP solutions for some of it. The rest, will just be inaccessible unless you're on a laptop or desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it worth to buy puffin browser for my device and after purchasing it on google play will I have full access to flash(that is anymore daytime flash access only)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larzalonzo wrote:

Is it worth to buy puffin browser for my device and after purchasing it on google play will I have full access to flash(that is anymore daytime flash access only)

Having never owned or used an Android device (phone or tablet)... I can't say. The only way I even know about the alternate browsers is from hours of research at Google's support pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Side-loading Flash Player means that you're running an ancient version of Flash Player that's missing several hundred security fixes.  Using it to browse the web at this point is unwise.

This is the only decent solution I know about at this point:

Puffin Web Browser - The fastest mobile browser with Flash support over cloud on iPad, iPhone and An...‌

I'm going to lock this thread now, since nothing on this front is going to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines