Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Record

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the trial version of Captivate7.with Windows 7

When I attempt ot record, the little wndow pops up, but the program freezes.  The only way to unfreeze it is via task manager.  If I simply end the Captivate program, that doesn't work, I have to go in and end the Captivate process via task manager.

Since there doesn't seem to be any support function for this product, I guess this forum is it.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you by any chance been using dual monitors?  It's possible the issue is related to this.  To test if this is the case, try recording again and when Captivate seems to 'freeze' hit the ESCAPE key on your keyboard.  If that returns control to you then the issue is that there is a modal dialog somewhere off screen that is causing everything to seem unresponsive.  Since you cannot see the modal dialog, you cannot interact with it, but it's also preventing you from interacting with the rest of Captivate as well.  Catch 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a single monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you start Captivate as Administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start Captivate like any other program, double clicking an icon on my desktop.

Does the program require a different type of start up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, use the right click menu on the start icon of Captivaet and choose 'Run as administrator'. You can also set this up to launch always as administrator using the Advanced option in that same menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I "run as administrator, I can access the options in the box.  The record starts... then when I move the mouse in the application I'm recording, I get what I will refer to as the "Adobe purple screen of death".  My screen turns purple, I get an hour glass and nothing else happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything else unusual about your computer or setup that you should perhaps be telling us?  Is there anything abnormal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there is nothing different about my setup.

I did  have a problem once with telneting into my web host due the fact that my AVG firewall was blocking the session.  But no problems with applications hanging.  My suspicion is I should have installed the 32 bit version but I don't think I can test that theory after installing the 64 bit version.  Maybe I will try it and see if I can do it.

I must say, I find it passing strange that a company has absolutely no tech support.  It is a bit like moodle where you have to depend on the kindness of user experts. But moodle is open source and free.  So far, this program hasn't done much for me..

I have used other screen recorders in the past that worked..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources