• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ASP Web service is posting to CF module

Explorer ,
May 22, 2007 May 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some background... (sorry if I am supplying unnecessary detail)
I am working on a project to receive XML data from a business partner (let's call them ABC). They supplied us with an application written in ASP .NET 2.0 (ABCIntegrationEngine.asmx) that we loaded on our Coldfusion web server. This application uses a "web.config" file where we must define a value for ExportQuoteURL to equal our ColdFusion module that will receive the XML data and process it.

Here is the problem...
I can't figure out how to get the XML data that the ABCIntegrationEngine is passing to my Coldfusion module. Through cflog statements, I know that my CF module is receiving control but even after looping through FORM.FieldNames to find any passed in form data and looking for any URL.xxx fields, I don't find anything. I believe that ABCIntegrationEngine is using SOAP. We even captured the packets that it is sending and can see the XML, but how do I get the Coldfusion module to see it? Here is some of the contents from the packets...

POST /abcintegrationengine/abcintegrationengine.asmx HTTP/1.1
Host: mycompanytest.mycompany.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (Compatible; MSIE 6.0; MS Web Services Client Protocol 2.0.50727.42)
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
SOAPAction: " http://www.abcnetwork.com/quoteproduct/WebServices/ExportRequest"
Expect: 100-continue
Ct_request_id: 1234
Max-Forwards: 10
Via: 1.1 mycompanytest.mycompany.com
Content-Length: 5733

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http//schemas.xmlsoap.org.....
<soap:Header><AuthHeader xmlns=" http://www.abcnetwork.com/quoteproduct/WebServices/">
<Login><FirstName>John</FirstName>.....</Login></soap:Header>
<soap:Body><ExportRequest xmlns=....> LOTS OF XML CONTENT</ExportRequest></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

Further down there was ...
<soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</faultstring>...

Thank you for any advice!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007
It appears that the web service is sending the XML via an HTTP POST. You should be able to read the XML stream using the CF function GetHttpRequestData().

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the web service is sending the XML via an HTTP POST. You should be able to read the XML stream using the CF function GetHttpRequestData().

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much! It works! GetHttpRequestData was the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation