• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 to RH11 upgrade questions

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are considering upgrading from RH 9 to RH 11. We currently have a substantial help section created in  RH9.  Will they convert easily to RH11?  What issues should we be concerned about?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only answer I can give is that it should upgrade OK. This sort of question is always difficult because you may have done something unique or work in a unique environment.

I would install the trial version on a non production machine and upgrade a copy of your project to test. Do not upgrade the original until you are ready to go ahead.

Plenty of help here if you should hit problems.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tried to upgrade my RH9 to a RH11 project and noticed that it didn't recognize a number of the files I had in the RH9 project. I'm slowly scrubbing through our document to see what was impacted. Will keep this updated with findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, as Peter said, you should have no problem and everything should import properly. I have had some instances where files with extremely long names don't convert well. So this is something you might want to check.

In general, it is highly recommended that you first copy your file over to a new location before importing it - and if you are concerned, run a demo version on a smaller project or portion of a project just to see the results.

From my experiences, conditional tags, TOC, index, links, etc. - all come in fine. CSS etc. work well...no major showstoppers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if someone else did the conversion and didnt save a backup in rh9 first .....they just went ahead and did the conversion so now the project is in rh11 but the boss wants to keep the source files! Or the rh9 version incase there are production problems with the rh11 version..is the rh9 version just gone or overwritten in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you would need to "reverse engineer" the files or manipulate them so they could still be used in the earlier version.

You might use some scripts you obtain from Willam's site (click here to visit)

Or you might use the information you obtain from Peter's site (click here to visit)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The RH9 version is updated to RH11 so project files and topics are changed. You can reverse engineer from an output as Rick says, you can also downgrade your project back to RH9 (albeit with some limitations). http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/downgrade-robohelp-project

Kind regards:

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp