Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My adobe flash player keeps crashing.

Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox, windows 8 with a windows 7 shell.

Symptom: I can play about a minute of any video, but then the program stalls.  I get an error message that Flash PLayer has crashed.  Every time.  I can sometimes use the slide bar on a video to 'jump ahead'.  When I do, Flahs Player crashes again,and this time the video screen goes blank (green!). 

I've tried everything listed on the 'using Adobe' FAQ site: deleting the cache and two other folders.  No difference. 

I've also tried re-installing Adobe Flash player.  But my system blocks it, saying 'certificate unauthenticated'.  I've tried a dozen times with the same result.

History: This started happening right after I had to re-load some software (Open Office).  Before that, no problem. 

And also, I get many more popups now (after the re-load of Open Office) than before.  Including noisy ones, and ones that open new Mozilla screens.  Never happened before.  Oh, and the noisy ones quite after a minute or so---because they're using Adobe Flash, which crashes!!!

Is there any clue to my problem in what I've written?  I"m going nuts. I use YouTube information for my work, and now cannot access it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Green screen" is caused (99.999% of the time) by outdated or corrupted video display drivers. In other words, they may be current, but they may also be broken.

To remedy it, update your Display adapter per the instructions here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

As to the crashing, I'd recommend a FULL clean install:

Download the following:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer) <---DISREGARD  Cannot be installed on WIndows 8

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Flash Player Uninstaller

Also, download these:

Shockwave Player Uninstaller

Shockwave Player 112 FULL installer (ther browsers)

You'll need to install Shockwave with the FULL installer for IE too, but there isn't a direct download for it. You'll need to go to: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ using IE AFTER everything else is done.

Save all the files and close your browser.

Run the uninstallers first (both of them)

Go to: C/Windows/System32

Delete the Macromed folder.

Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64

Delete the Macromed folder.

Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key + R and type 'regedit' [minus the quotes] and click OK)

In the Registry Editor, go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE

Delete the Macromedia folder (Right click and choose "Delete").

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder there too.

Close the Registry Editor and empty your recycle bin.

Run the Flash Player installers, and then the Shockwave FULL installer you downloaded.

Lastly, open IE and go to: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ to download and install the Shockwave FULL installer for ActiveX (IE).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Many thanks.

Sounds like you know what's going on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got a few of these fixes "under my belt"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines