Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

See Also and Index links are pointing to topics in older project

May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating a RoboHelp HTML project that I worked on last summer. I copied all original project files into a new folder and turned their Read-Only property off. I then discovered that after applying a new style sheet to the topics, the TOC topics were all pointing to the older files in the original project folder. - I had to re-add the TOC topics to correct the links.

Now I'm finding that my See Also and Index topics are pointing to the older files in the original project folder. Some of the See Also topics are duplicated (I assume because one keyword is coming from the old help topic files and another instance is coming from the updated help topic files).

Is there any way to "efficiently" clean it up and resolve these links? I made a backup of the rhakeyword.apj and and rhkkeyword.apj files, then deleted them to see if that cleaned up the links. There was no improvement.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,
ChristyG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I discovered in Windows Explorer that an old help folder still existed in my new project folder. (This folder wasn't "viewable" in RoboHelp Explorer.) The folder contained duplicate topics that had since been reorganized elsewhere in the project into other folders. I deleted the folder from Windows Explorer, then ran a Broken Links report and found 201 topics that had keywords that weren't linking to a real topic. These topics weren't lost, they were just reorganized elsewhere in the new version of the project.

Anyway, it seems that if I use this Broken Links report as a reference, I can manually re-add the Index keywords for the topics that were moved to a new location.

In another problem, I'm having problems with two of my hyperlinks that are within a table cell. Other hyperlinks within the same table work. I've tried deleting the table rows and re-adding them. What causes a jump not to work? What should I look for in the TrueCode view?

thanks in advance,

ChristyG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 25, 2007 May 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
See the example below. Remove anything else (the second line would be if you're using special anchor styles.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp