• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E-Mail Errors

Engaged ,
May 25, 2007 May 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't get any answers at CF Server Administration, so I thought I'd try here.

I'm running CF4.5 and we have a number of scheduled tasks that run daily, weekly, etc. and I'm hoping there's a better way of finding problems with them than someone in accounting getting upset because we haven't billed clients in weeks or our daily imported daily hasn't been updated in three weeks and someone just noticed now.

Is there a way I can have the system e-mail me with CFSchedule errors?

I see there's a place for a template to be called when there's a server error, and I can write a template that will send me an e-mail, but how do I get the error?

Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at the very least, you can have your most critical scheduled tasks send an email message to someone when the task completes.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Adding to Phil's suggestion, you could send an email to a designated mailbox and then have CF check that mailbox on a periodic basis. If there is no email there, then chances are good that the scheduled task did not run. Upon that condition you could email someone.

Of course, relying on a scheduled task to check an emal alerting you to a problem with scheduled tasks is a bit of a suspect approach...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation