Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to fix pixelated picture

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixelation occurs when an image is being viewed at too high a magnification or has been too greatly enlarged.

Show us the original picture at it's full resolution (you may need to put it on a photo sharing site if it's too large for a forum post), explain what you are trying to do and we may be able to give better advice.

Some general suggestion though if you want to try for yourself (work on a copy of the image, or just duplicate the background layer and work on the duplicate) include, Sharpen, Gaussian Blur, Noise Filters (try Despeckle), increasing resolution during a resize operation, varying the resizing algorithms.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2014 Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello;

Attached is a cropped copy of the original picture. The more I try to enhance the color, contrast and the lighting the

Pixelated it gets, especially the horse running behind. I set the ISO at 80. Isn’t true that the lower the ISO, the higher

The quality? I hope you can find a solution.

Thank you

Nili

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't send images by e-mail, you must visit the forum with a web browser to post your reply at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1423287?tstart=30 and add the the image.

Cheers,
--
Neale

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new at this; so, can you please show me how to add my picture in the Forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/963429?tstart=0

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

Cheers,
--
Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P1020785[copy01].jpgThe more I enhance the color, contrast and the lighting the more pixelated this picture gets, especially the horse running behind. The ISO was set at 80. Isn't true that,for enlargement,  the lower the ISO the higher the resolutions becomes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera appears to have sharpened the noise that was present even at ISO80.  It is a 5-year-old point-and-shoot camera with a tiny sensor that is susceptible to noise grain even at low ISOs.  DSLRs and some micro-4/3rds cameras have larger sensor that handle noise better.

What you posted is a JPG image.  Do you have a raw version of the image?  Usually raw has better possibilities for LR to work with the noise.  In this JPG the noise has been sharpened and even more difficult to remove without removing much of the other texture in the photo.

You could try an Adjustment Brush with the noise-setting set to reduce noise and see what you can do, but the noise appears to be everywhere in the photo, not just the second horse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The original photo is 400 x 600 pixels, 300 dpi enlarged to 48" x 48" 150 dpi.  I enlarged the photo in InDesign and it is used as a background.  What do you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines