• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error A12E5

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to download and install PS at my work station, which is a networked Windows XP 32bit. I get the error message A12E5. Using the download manager. Is there a work around?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

I probably shouldn't have hijacked this thread

To clarify, I was experiencing the A12E5 error after downloading the Adobe Application Manager via the 'Try' link below Dreamweaver CS6 in the Adobe Cloud. The error occured while trying to download any of the trial software using the Adobe Application Manager.

Installing the latest version of Adobe Application Manager (ApplicationManager6.2_all.exe) from the link on the bottom right of this page: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ fixed my A12E5 error

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this via the Creative Cloud or are you trying to download and install a trial?  From the error message it appears you are using the Creative Cloud.  If so then I would recommend obtaining the latest version of the Adobe Application Manager which can be found in the bottom right hand corner of  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered error A12E5 while trying to install the Adobe Application Manager via the Adobe Cloud on my workstation (networked Windows 7 64 bit). I find it extremely frustrating that the latest version is not the one available in the Adobe Cloud download. It's a waste of time and a frustration to have to download it twice.

With that said, the AAM installed properly, but now all I get is a failed download when I try to installed Dreamweaver CS6 and no error code to determine why. Is there something I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the other software install properly?  If so are you able to install the trial of Dreamweaver successfully?  You can utilize the trials with your Creative Cloud account by selecting the License this Software feature when launching the trial.  You will then want to enter the Adobe ID tied to your Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably shouldn't have hijacked this thread

To clarify, I was experiencing the A12E5 error after downloading the Adobe Application Manager via the 'Try' link below Dreamweaver CS6 in the Adobe Cloud. The error occured while trying to download any of the trial software using the Adobe Application Manager.

Installing the latest version of Adobe Application Manager (ApplicationManager6.2_all.exe) from the link on the bottom right of this page: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ fixed my A12E5 error.

Further discussion regarding the 'failed download' I experienced next is here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4562661

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please pelase help. extremely frustrating, endless issues with the supposively streamlined adobe application manager.

getting error code a12e5, paying a lot of money each month for this. someone please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried manually installing the creative cloud desktop app and the aam. still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating the Application Manager as well, Didn't work.  Uninstalled and did a clean install of the App Mgr.  Still unable to download.  Error comes back as A12E5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had this issue yesterday. I used wireshark and found that it was hitting some IP's that I found were from Akamai Technologies. http://whois.domaintools.com/23.63.227.179

After adding their IP to our web filter, we were able to download and install successfully.

Adobe does use their download manager.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/akamai-download-manager-faq.html

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I encoutered the same problem on a windows 8.1 install. I've tried the solutions who are mentioned above, whice are:

1. delete oobe files from user / name / local / adobe

2. delete oobe files from common files

3. tried the default installer and the direct download manager download link. Both gave the same problems

4. disabled the firewall while updating / installing.

Does anyone have a working solution for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi geerthoekzema,

Welcome to adobe forums.

Please refer the link below.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-a12e5-installing-creative-cloud.html

Also let us know if this was helpful.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines