Exit

Robohelp Deleting files during generation

New Here ,
May 25, 2007 May 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that you can help me. *crosses everything*

I have created a help system that has two outputs, one for each platform of the web application we provide to our clients. During my last update, I noticed that the help system is deleting several files that existed in previous generations for one of the outputs. As a result, even though RoboHelp is providing a message that says the generation was successful, when I click View Results, I can't pull up the help. One of the files it is deleting the the first topic for the particular version that I am generating. In addition, it is deleting every wh*.* file in the main folder along with most of the wh*.* files in the sub wh* folders.

I haven't dared regenerate the other version in fear that it will do the same thing to it. I haven't changed anything in the last update other than text within the files. The only thing I can think of that I have changed significantly in the previous update was re-applying the template to all of the pages.

I'm on the edge of a release and need help desperately! Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

FYI: I am using RoboHelp X5.0.2

TIA,
Connie LaGoy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Connie and welcome to the RH community. You say the "help system is deleting" files. I've never known RH to do this so I don't think this is the problem. I'm wondering if there is a third party at fault here (e.g. virus software)? Have you tried creating the output to a different location (e.g. your C: drive) and see if you get the same results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Colum,

Thank you so much for your post. I worked with my IT team here, and it turned out to be a permissions issue that was keeping the files from being generated. Strange, since it worked prior to May 7th, but at least it's fixed.

Cheers!
Connie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp