• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11: Moved project on a network drive, now have Responsive HTML5 output problems

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in RoboHelp 11. I generated a Responsive HTML5 output and put it on a network folder. It looked great for everyone. Then, another user of RoboHelp 11 opened, updated and generated the output, and now when I open the output, the graphics are missing (red X problem) and most of the formatting is gone.

If I reopen and regenerate the project, the output looks fine on my computer again but the other user gets the problems! We both have read/write access to the folder where both the project and the outputs are stored.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing the generated help has nothing to do with the creation of that help – it should appear the same to all users accessing it. You two are clearly doing something that’s not placing all the generated output in some common location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you - and I understand that. Nonetheless the issue occurs. When we generate, we both specify the identical output location and starting topic. I am wondering if it could have something to do with the network folder permissions - ? All the users have view access, so I don't think this is the problem, but I'm grasping at straws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding screen shots of the problematic page. Good and bad:

Good:

Good.png

Bad:

Bad.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you take it out of \!SSL!\ folder and put it somewhere else? Are the browsers being used the same version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No, it's still in the \!SSL!\ folder - should we move it?

2. We've tried in FireFox, Chrome and IE with similar results. Doesn't seem to be browser-specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try copying it to a new folder somewhere accessible to both people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I copied and pasted the output folder to two new locations, both of which are accessible to all users. In the first, they could see it fine. In the second, they saw the unformatted, problematic version. Which would obviously suggest that it's a problem with the location as opposed to the output...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s what I suspected from the get-go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is good news in that it's better to have a diagnosis than to flounder in the dark, but bad in the sense that I probably can't get much more help from this forum! But thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, now that you know that this issue is caused by your network, I would suggest a little chit-chat with your IT dept. ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp