• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 Merged Projects Webhelp and Chrome/IE

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To preface, everything works fine in Firefox. I have a very large help system with over 70 merged projects. Prior to upgrading to RH10 there were quirks with IE, but it would run the entire help system okay. Chrome, no dice.

The issue is now that I've upgraded my files to RH10, any child project files do not load in Chrome or IE. I have downloaded all the fixed files from Adobe for the browsers and republished the files. Now, however, while the TOC/Index panes load (all in chrome/only half in IE), unless the file is living in the master project, then the files do not render. It seems to be stuck in a continuous loop to try and display. When I looked at the error code, I get a "Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error and  a link to a file with "whproj_xml.js" at the end, such as

file:///z:/878xBuild/Solar/!SSL!/WebHelp/mergedProjects/MOBILE/whproj_xml.js.

Anyone know any additional fixes? Is this a known issue for IE / Chrome? I couldn't find anything on the forums or PeterG's site about it (always my first stop), so thought I'd throw it out to the masses.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Thanks, all. Turns out the issue was wholly in my testing environment. JavaScript does not like to run on a local network or through a standard file structure (at least in our environment). I had to set up a virtual server through IIS and publish my files there. Now all three browsers (FF, IE, Chrome) render correctly and without issue. I did not have to copy any of the wh files, nor adjust the index.htm file. So, that's a relief.

Thanks again for the help and ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You try the meta tag hack to your index.htm file? How about adding the site to IE’s Trusted Locations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I did add the trusted sites, yes. Didn't render.

But did not do anything with the index.htm file....do you have instructions for anything related to that that I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See http://forums.adobe.com/message/5877684#5877684

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all child projects published? I've seen issues before where a

missing child project gave this issue. Placing an emtpy whproj_xml.js in

the child project folder solved it.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, William,

Yes, all the child projects are published. They all display in firefox fine. IE either doesn't render or only displays part of the TOC (which, you're dead on about; I've had that happen before) at least since I've copied those new whs files in.

I'm reverting back to my previous published help for now and will tackle this at a later date. I haven't taken the time to edit the index.htm file, yet. That may work, but all this effort to get one browser to render seems counterproductive at this point.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I appreciate it!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, all. Turns out the issue was wholly in my testing environment. JavaScript does not like to run on a local network or through a standard file structure (at least in our environment). I had to set up a virtual server through IIS and publish my files there. Now all three browsers (FF, IE, Chrome) render correctly and without issue. I did not have to copy any of the wh files, nor adjust the index.htm file. So, that's a relief.

Thanks again for the help and ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp