• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standalone RH10 has no Windows 7 taskbar functionality

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a slightly rude awakening today. I had to give up my license for TechComm suite and just have RoboHelp 10. Now I can't pin the RH icon to the taskbar, nor do I have the usual options when right-clicking the window indicator that does appear on the taskbar when a project is open. All I can do is close the window:

RH-taskbar.gif

Is there a way to get the taskbar functionalities back for the standalone RH 10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you cannot pin it but then show you have, albeit not with full functionality. It works as expected on the machines I have looked at so it might be worth deleting this icon and trying again.

If you right click the icon in the start menu, there should be a Pin to Taskbar option. Try that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Windows thing: you're not allowed by default to pin items with

Help in the name to the taskbar.

There are two solutions:

• Change your shortcut name. See

http://iconlogic.blogs.com/weblog/2012/09/adobe-robohelp-pining-to-pin.html

• Change your registry to remove this limitation altogether. See

http://weblog.west-wind.com/posts/2009/Oct/08/Application-that-wont-Pin-to-Taskbar-in-Windows-7

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, William. I renamed the shortcut and I was able to pin it. And I can open more than one window from it.

That restricted list for pinning has to be the most ridiculous Windows quirk in a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a strange quirck. It is removed in Windows 8.1. At least, there I

can pin RH to the taskbar without a problem.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp