• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do I install fonts in photoshop cc or can I?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows 7 system and I installed the fonts to \Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC\Required\PDFL\Resource\Fonts but when I go back into Photoshop, they are not there.   Can anyone help me out please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Ok, I got a resolution after being bounced around and with support for several hours. They finally realized that I had to create a folder called "Fonts" in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe and put the fonts there. I was thrown off because the Fonts folder already existed here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe, and I assumed that would be the place to put them. hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you don't just want to install them into Windows?

Drag them into the (I think normally hidden) C:\Windows\Fonts folder in Explorer.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Noel said, plus, don't forget to check out Typekit if you have a CC subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to install fonts for photoshop only as I am a web developer. I would like to see my page as the public does while I am developing but need the fonts in photoshop to translate the designers work. I used to just drop the fonts into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts but that folder no longer exists. I tried in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts but the fonts don'e show up when i try to edit text in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't find putting them in C:\Windows\Fonts acceptable for some reason?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it does not appear in the dropdown. some pertinents….I had a trial version of cs6 installed and I still see remnants of it…am I dropping in the right spot? ….also my .ttf is from font squirrel, is that the best place to get a ttf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you close and restart Photoshop after installing the font(s)?

Photoshop sees fonts installed into Windows, and dropping fonts (via File Explorer) into Windows\Fonts is how you install them.

I have no knowledge of "Font Squirrel".

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for trying to help Noel, Adobe confirms that on windows 7 if you drop the .ttf here, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts , it should show up in the font drop down in photoshop. I’ve done a complete unisnstall clean up of adobe and am now installing CS6. will restart, drop file, restart again to see if file appears. could just be a bad file. fontsquirrel.com, great site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I did a complete clean and I installed cs6 instead of cc, all old settings and workspaces were gone after I rebooted so I’m fairly certain it was a clean uninstall. Dropped file that I downloaded from google fonts into the folder but still does not show up. I’ll post here if I find a resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I got a resolution after being bounced around and with support for several hours. They finally realized that I had to create a folder called "Fonts" in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe and put the fonts there. I was thrown off because the Fonts folder already existed here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe, and I assumed that would be the place to put them. hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the proper way! Works perfect! Thanks mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired this but it didn't quite work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just worked for me, installed a load of ttf files and only some of them appeared in Adobe programs, tried all sorts and didn't think this was going to work but it did! - thanks theresaweb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is perfect! I was looking for a way to install fonts for Photoshop only. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! This method works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar issue. I am still working out what is going on with the font but the font I have been given to use is not in a .ttf format. I am therefore unable to install it as a font in Windows and I've been told it is a Photoshop font. Typekit is not activated on my computer and the font I must use is not in typekit.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Claire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Claire.

I have come across with same problem too. You must have the .ttf extension font file to install it on C:\Windows\Fonts directory. I have sent a private message to you the webpage that you can hopefully and easily find and download the font file which you are looking for in .ttf extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, I'll give it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any idea if I can import a font?  Photoshop elements 9 has several fonts I was using for a project, but I had several issues with 9 (including uninstalling and would not update).  Now have the newest elements 15, but fonts are missing that I was using... can I possibly import the fonts from 9 to 15?

Thanks!

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This step really works! Thank you!zzzzz.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No doubt Adobe Photoshop is one of the most famous and top ranking editing software and now you can also take advantage of cloud with adobe CC.

I might suggest you a proper way to install fonts in Photoshop.

It would be difficult to write & share pictures here so, this the place where i got my solution

https://www.experthoot.com/how-to-add-fonts-to-photoshop/

You don't have to restrain yourself to the limited fonts offered by Photoshop just download fonts from google & use them in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some fonts are installed in the regular fonts folder of windows as stated by many respected readers,Problem arises when the installed font in windows appear in all other programms eg in microsoft word,notepad---BUT REMAINS MISSING IN PHOTOSHOP--

Thus question raised by readers is very justified and has not received justified answer.Sir,my object is not to offend anyone but I am trying to seek the solution from learned readers---Bakhshish Singh PUNJAB_INDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines