Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded SWFs not working with Flash 9

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2006 Aug 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am also plagued with the Flash Player 9 issue. None of my embedded SWF files work if I publish with this version of the player installed. I ran the uninstaller and I'm now using version 8. However, each time I open a PPT file I get an error saying "some controls on this presentation can't be activated. they might not be registered on this computer". This is very irritating. So, my SWFs still don't work. I found that if I register the v9 ocx and re-insert the SWFs, they will publish properly (while the Player 8 is installed). However, I have about 50 existing PPTs with anywhere from 10-30 SWFs per presentation. I'd like to avoid this method if possible. Does anyone know of an easier solution? Thank you.
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006
good morning DocDVM and Supermercado Gato,

I have the same issue with embedding SWF files into Breeze. I have been doing some searching the last two weeks and i found an tech note that you might want to read. It seems that Breeze is not really set up for Flash player 9 so Adobe came up with a work around. Read the technote.

http://www.adobe.com/go/f9204eb8

I am having my IT Department update Breeze for me so i will let you know if it works or if you update your Breeze let me know if this f...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2006 Aug 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'll be watching this thread...We've had several issues (Flash Player 9 conflict, Quiz Manager migration from 4 to 5, broken hyperlinks, random text formatting in quiz questions) using Breeze 5 Presenter and haven't found any automated way to fix them.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that will be a manual process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good morning DocDVM and Supermercado Gato,

I have the same issue with embedding SWF files into Breeze. I have been doing some searching the last two weeks and i found an tech note that you might want to read. It seems that Breeze is not really set up for Flash player 9 so Adobe came up with a work around. Read the technote.

http://www.adobe.com/go/f9204eb8

I am having my IT Department update Breeze for me so i will let you know if it works or if you update your Breeze let me know if this fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2006 Aug 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

phatty5, you're my new best friend! I applied the new DLL and I can now publish with Flash Player 9 installed. WOO-HOO!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2006 Aug 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we have downloaded the workaround and can now view our Flash 9 presentation, however, now when we view the presentation the notes are messed up. It looks like it is adding HTML tags to all of the notes, which are now visible in the notes window ...tags and all. Is this a common occurance with that download? Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2006 Sep 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same problem for the past week trying to embed a swf video. please update the link as it is broken as of today. thanks everyone! B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2006 Sep 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I am also having difficulty importing SWF into Presenter. I believe there is a workaround (from Phatty5, this link at http://www.adobe.com/go/f9204eb8) to hopefully fix this SWF issue within Presenter ~ However the link is dead.
Do you know of any fixes? Cheers garry222

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2007 May 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating...i publish my Breeze 5.1 with swf files and they work one time. Then when i view again, the swfs are not running. I downloaded a patch that Adobe sent to me a while back and it worked for a short period of time. But it is not consistent. Any relief on the way soon for this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2007 May 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding it impossible to display a Captivate SWF file which I've inserted using the Breeze "Insert Flash" function. A couple strange things:

1. Once I've inserted the SWF, it plays perfectly well in a PowerPoint slideshow,
2. If I insert the SWF as a video within slide properties, it plays fine after publishing to Breeze.

I don't understand. It will publish to Breeze, but not in the main window. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly! Phatty5, you just saved me about a week's worth of work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2006 Sep 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y'all, the workaround technote doesn't appear to be there anymore!!!

I desperately need to fix this situation!

Anybody? Hook a brother up? Please?

Is this issue addressed in Breeze SP 2 or Captivate 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have also had problems playing any swf file in breeze using Flash 8.

Question? I want to know if anyone has had a problem converting their videos into swf files and playing in breeze? I

heard that I have to demux my audio in any video format i use, before inserting into flash. Is this true?

If so, what is the best export codec to use for a video (mpeg, mov, wmf) and audio file (aiff, mpeg2, what?)

I am using Adobe Premiere 2 for my videos, what is the best format to export and insert into flash? Need some help, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2006 Sep 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the TechNote bookmarked, but sure enough it's now a dead link. I looked through all of the Breeze 5 technotes and I didn't see it anywhere. (I wondery why it was pulled?)

The updated file was called ppt2swf.dll and it simply replaced the original version installed by Breeze 5. I would contact Breeze support and ask them for a link to that file. The only other solution would be to roll back the flash player version on any computer where you publish Breeze 5 content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2006 Sep 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone post the solution here since the original page can not be reached. I'm using Breeze and Flex on the same machine so Flex works only with FP 9 Breeze does not work with FP9. So It's a pain to remove and add everytime I need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2006 Sep 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phatty5 has been kind enough to share the PDF of the technote, pop me an email and I will fwd, B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i deleted the technote i was wondering if you can resend me the pdf i sent you. thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please e-mail that pdf doc that will fix the embedded swf issue in presenter?
stewarttoni@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2009, but I'm having the same issue now.  I reloaded Presenter and suddenly what worked before no longer works - my embedded links are all not working in the swf file - although they worked before I did the reoad.  Do you still have the PDF that helps to fix the links?  Would love to resolve this.

Send to irma.clark1@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Irma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw everyone, i removed flash 9 active x from my programs, and the swf videos play fine. now the other problem is that if you don't have flash 8 to edit swfs, your default settings on swf will loop the video which can cause the video to start replaying in your breeze presentation unless you set the silence time properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources