• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm seeing Windows 8.1 detect the Flash ActiveX Update 12.0.0.70 and 12.0.0.77 from the SCUP CAB

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the new SCUP CAB today, we've only got 2 Windows 8.1 machines on our network so far, and I can't test the behavior on both yet, but right now I'm seeing one of the machines detecting the Flash ActiveX Update for versions 12.0.0.70 and 12.0.0.77, when it clearly shouldn't be, since the Windows Update KB2938527 already arrived, and was installed, and that Flash ActiveX on Windows 8 can't be updated using this method.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this for all of the SCUP updates for Flash ActiveX lately.

The installable rules in the catalog really need to be updated to exclude Windows 8+ so it doesn't appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this as well on Windows 8 and 8.1. The Current Installed Rules in SCUP shows a successfu install if the CLSID exists and the SafeVersions\12.0 >= '70'. This registry entry doesn't show in Win 8 or 8.1, so it will continue to advertise and fail the install.

I had to modify the Installed Rules on both .70 and .77 to add in a Windows 8/8.1 criteria.

I changed the AND in the Rule Editor to an OR. Then put an AND for Adobe's original CAB, then added my own AND rule.

My AND rule showed CLSID was present AND HKLM\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX\Version >= '12.0.0.70'. For .77 the version is >= '12.0.0.77'

Don't forget to check: This registry key is for a 32-bit application on a 64-bit system.

After republishing and synching my WSUS, my client no longer showed it needed to be installed, and indicated it was up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about adding in a Windows version check <= 6.1.1 ?

Edit: I've just tried this out & it seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the route I went also, and the one I expected Adobe to already have in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might be the same issues as message 29 on this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6176861

If so, we've logged this as a bug (#3717098) and it will be fixed in our version 13 update due next month.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines