Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Database connnection error

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am have an issue with trying to verify the database connections from Cold Fusion administration to the MS SQL Server 2008.

The two servers were fully backed up from a production environment and placed on two VM servers. The SQL Server had a DC connected to it but it was removed and the services were reassigned to another account by the DBA.
All SQL Server services are up and running.

The Cold Fusion services are up and running.

The port from the Cold Fusion server to the SQL Server has been opened.

I have stopped and restarted the Cold Fusion Services.

Below is the information about the environment and error received:

Environment

SQL Server:
SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Cold Fusion Server:
Cold Fusion 9 Enterprise

When trying to verify the database connections from the Cold Fusion administration to the SQL Server the following message appeared:

Connection verification failed for data source: BUS_ULTC_TRAINING
java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection

The message in the log file is:
Thread: jrpp-10, processing template: D:\CFADMIN\CFIDE\administrator\datasources\index.cfm, completed in 30 seconds, exceeding the 30 second warning limit

Note: I tried to look at the contents of the index.cfm and and the file looked like is was encrypted.

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From my experience, the data path from the CF server to the SQL server is broken, the correct protocol is not being used by the client (CF) or the service and/or protocol has not been enabled on the SQL server. I almost exclusively use IP connectivity to SQL servers so these steps are geared toward IP diagnosis. On the SQL server:

1. Check that the SQL server service is running
  2. Check and make sure the SQL server has the IP protocol enabled (with newer SQL versions it is not enabled by default)

On the CF server, open a command prompt and try the following:

1. If using SQL server name: ping [server name]
  2. See if you can connect via telnet: telnet [SQL server IP] 1433
  3. Again, if using SQL server name: confirm SQL client alias exists and has correct protocol selected
  4. I have learned to avoid the alias step by using IP address instead of name

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation