• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple duplicate tupics for index entries

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2007 May 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple duplicate tupics for index entries: How do I get rid of them?
The project was originally in FX5 and now with RH6. When I double click an index entry in RH, for some, I see multiple duplicate tupics that relate all to the same topic. I don't know why they exist couldn't find a way to delete them.
The resulting CHM will also hold the duplicates.
Any Idea?
Thanks, in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2007 May 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the answer but I know this has come up before. Use the search function.

It might be as simple as just generating the file to a new folder?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,
I searched before i posted it and couldn't find. Maybe I should check further back?
As for generating to a new folder I tried that as well but the problem actually starts before the generation, when I have no way of even manually dleting the duplicates...:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be something to do with what is inside the HHP file. Close the project and open that file with Notepad. Look for duplication there. If you do edit it, take a copy first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean the HHK file?
If so, I will check and let you know my conclusion.
Gitay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I meant the HHP file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is The HHP related to the index? From what I understood, the index file is the HHK.
What is the HHP file? It looks like the projects summary...
Thanks,
Gitay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does contain details of the project. Like I said earlier, I believe the posts about this problem have indicated something in that file being duplicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,
I could not find any duplicates in the HHP file.
The HHK file was full of duplicates but deleting those did not help.
Any idea any one?
Thanks,
Gitay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a search on "duplicate topics". I just entered that and got a whole bunch of previous posts.

Could this be it?

http://tinyurl.com/yuzbas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth adding that when you do a search, select multiple categories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK,
I did some massive deletion in the HHK file of duplicate lines which had automatic numbered suffixes.
This affected the result significantly.
I suppose the whole problem started from the imported Word file.
Now that I intend to maintain my help file with RoboHelp only, I suppose this will not happen again.
Peter, thanks for your input
Gitay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp