• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have tried and tried, but cannot seem to be able to download or install flash player 12. Help!

Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone over and over the steps to download and install flash player 12, but cannot seem to get it to happen. Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Do you need Adobe Flash Player 12 for Windows or for MAC computer ?

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

I am facing the same problem. Have a Windows 7 Hp Pavillion dv6. My flash player was working fine, until few weeks ago it uninstalled itself and now will not re-install. Every time I attempt to install, I get to 52% downloaded and a "General Installation Error" message appears... Tried installing a dozen times!

Please suggest. Also, not too tech-savvy, so if you could explain in the simplest language possible, that would really help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please use Adobe Flash Player uninstaller to remove Adobe Flash Player completely : http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Once Adobe Flash Player is uninstaller, download a fresh copy from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you continue to get the general installation error (using the stub installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer), please try using the standalone installers (after uninstalling using the uninstaller Vikram links to).  Links to the standalone uninstallers:

Windows: Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Windows: Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Calapez,

You're responding to a thread that is several months old, indicating only your OS version.  Please start a new thread and include the information as outlined in this FAQ: Please read this before you post!.  Providing this information will enable us to provide you with the most helpful assistance.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines