Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purple bullets?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The first page of each chapter in a FM 11 book has a few cross-references to sections within the chapter.

Each of these few cross-reference entries is preceded by a diamond-shaped bullet. They are all dark purple.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change them to black. Our printer is charging color prices because of these purple cross-ref bullets.

Thanks for all the always-great input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they involve a character or paragraph style that you can edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I've found yet, no.  Both the paragraph style and the character style it's set to Black.

The  format of the cross reference does not appear to have any color seeing to it... just "default font".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I  could try to determine what that "default font"  is for cross references.

Maybe that's where the people is coming from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of the page & maybe the reference page? (use the camera icon in the web interface)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

untitled.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the refernce pages. (4)

Reference page 1of4.JPG

Reference page 2of4.JPG

Reference page 3of4.JPG

Reference page 4of 4.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out. The diamond-shaped bullets are a separate font, in my case it is a dingbat. The text is Adobe Garamond Pro. If I get the cross-reference entry selected, I have to change the color of the dingbat character from "blue violet" to black and apply it to all. But that makes the text of the entry become the dingbat font as well, which must separately be changed back to Adobe Garamond Pro.

Now, to find a way to apply the change to all of these entries throughout the book, instead of chapter by chapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines