• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Cannot AFP v12.0.0.77 Install in Firefox + Win 8?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Folks,

Downloaded the newest patch for v12 tonight, and it fails to install. Have a 4-mos old HP g7 laptop with Win 8-x64 , fully updated through all the March Important & Critical patches and some of the optionals except Silverlight & Bing Bar. It presents a box, blue-framed error box with BLACK background and white text, saying, "Installation encountered errors" and "Actionlist not found". Repeated it 5-6 times, with the last three times using a new download.

File is install_flashplayer v12x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe    and is listed at 1,046 KB in Explorer list after download. Firefox Add-ons on Plugins page has a command to install from a file... but it doesn't work, it is designed to accept only a .xpi file or a .jar file. It objects thet the installer_...exe file is Corrupted, both downloads. Oh, and, yes, I did turn OFF my AVG Internet Security 2014 when downloading and installing. Could it be, that my 64-bit OS needs a 64-bit AFP? Does the pop-up blocker in Firefox need to be turned OFF?

Firefox is v27.0.1 and it's Help>About affirms that this is up to date. NoScript extension was set to Allow almost everything, and the Ghostery was set to allow everything. I have NEVER known any Adobe Flash Player since v4.2 that would install cleanly, and this one is as tough as any. Every time on 5 different computers, from Win 95 through Win 7 and now Win 8, over 12 years, I have had to use the new-version Uninstaller to clean the older plugin out, before the new plugin would install.  But I cannot find an Uninstaller from Adobe at present, that is configured to get the 12.0.0.70 out to let the 12.0.0.77 go in. I have followed the instructions every time I ran it, but, same result every time. Adobe never has accepted the need to uninstall first. And the new installer file certainly will not do it. If anybody can get Adobe to put out a new Uninstaller, or can tell me how to find a current Uninstaller for the 12.0.0.70, or has the "magic bullet" for my problem, I would be grateful.

Message was edited by: FallingRock 2:57 AM CDT adding mention of the AVG's being locked out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save that.

Close Firefox.

Run the installer. It's a FULL installer so it doesn't need to download anything and it requires no "Actionlist".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2014 Mar 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, will try it.

BTW, add this to my desription of last night, the browser Firefox was  exited prior to running the downloaded installer file, named install_flashplayer v12x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe (if memory serves me).

This frustrating run-around  wasted many hours of our time and days of non-available Flash Player functions, and made us miss a credit card payment due date because the bank's webpage would not talk to the unpatched v12.0.0.70 after v12.0.0.77 was released, and the newly released installer file, downloaded from get.adobe.com, would not install the Flash Player patch.

When/if this doesn't work, will run the Uninstaller that I found unheralded, to eliminate the old plugin, then run your file again and maybe it WILL install. Will sign out here and go with that; and will return and log into Forum and let you know.

Am now going to exit Firefox again,and then try running your file.

Now, WHY?

was the file that was downloaded to us  from Adobe's website, i.e.,  Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player, at URL

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=JZEFT

not the same as the file that you provided?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2014 Mar 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now, WHY?  was the file that was downloaded to us  from Adobe's website, i.e.,  Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player, at URL  http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=JZEFT not the same as the file that you provided?

The one from get.adobe.com is a "stub" installer. It downloads a 1mb downloader/installer that completes the process.

The one I linked is a FULL installer (18mb). It downloads, you close the browser and it installs completely whether your computer is connected or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines