• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 and RH11 incompatible on same machine (causes crash)

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same also applies for Framemaker 11 and 12 - after installing the new versions, the old versions crash when opened. Older versions are not affected, Framemaker 7.2 still works fine.

Does anybody encounter the same.. bug? Feature? Anyway I prefer to keep older versions until I am sure that my tool chain still works.

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn’t heard any reports of this happening – the only component that usually didn’t like multiple versions is Acrobat as far as I know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have both on my own PC and they seem to be coexisting. When does your crash occur?

Opening RH10 to work on a project.

After opening RH10 and taking some action such as editing the TOC or a topic or other?

Does the crash only occur if you also have RH11 open at the same time?

I'd report the behavior to Adobe as a bug and see if they come back to you on it. (They may, they may not)

Click here to open the bug report form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both FM and TCS (several versions) working fine on my system. As others said - the only real issue is Acrobat - and you can only have ONE version installed, no matter what other suites or bundles you have installed. Otherwise, I have several versions of RoboHelp installed - but individually and as part of TCS.

As Rick said - report it - but make sure you include all major issues - what version of Word, what version of Windows are you using?

I had problems on three different computers - in my case, it was for three different incompatibility issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback. The older versions crash immediately when I start them, the programs do not even display a window. Nothing else is open at the same time. They worked fine until I installed the TCS 5.

Actually I think Acrobat was the only component we selected NOT to install because the current version already was installed.

I will fiddle a bit more and issue a report if the problem remains.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp