Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what do I need to do to install?

Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I install adobe flash player on my laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Flash Player Plug-in (Mac OS X)

Save the appropriate installer.

Close your browser.

Run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, perhaps this is my problem?  I only installed one Flashplayer plugin....12.  Do I need to install one for IE specifically, and would this enable Firefox to use it in some parasitic way?  Chrome works fine, but Firefox does not.  And to be honest, ALL youtube videos, etc are running very choppy now.  I have an original question on here - see wickedwtchofwest. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol.  I'm not doing very well today...I just clicked Flash Player for Active X up there...and absolutely nothing happened....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActiveX is for IE only - NO other browser uses ActiveX controls. In fact, Aside from Office®, NO other software in existence uses ActiveX.

The standard plug-in is for Firefox, Opera, Safari, and if you force it, Chrome.

Chrome uses its own plug-in, embedded by Google. It's called PepperFlash and neither Firefox nor IE se PepperFlash.

To save any of the links I posted, right click and choose:

"Save target as" - Interner Explorer

"Save Link As"  - Firefox

"Download Linked File as" - Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHHHH, NO WONDER MY OFFICE FILES THAT WERE TRANSFERRED TO THE NEW COMPUTER WONT LOAD!  I loaded Office and Publisher on, and they STILL would not open....I can make NEW files in office, but the old ones won't open.  Ok, then I DO have to do the ActiveX.....right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do I need to uninstall the plugin  of 12 that I already have first? (you did see my other much longer question post, right?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not need to uninstall the plugin in order to install the ActiveX Flash Player.

And there is no connection between Flash Player and your Office files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines