• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong Vol error

Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2014 Mar 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried to install v12 several times but I keep getting "Wrong volume is in the drive pleae ensure volume WP1 is in drive V"

Drive V in my disk drive and there is no "volume" in it.

If I allow the install to continue v12 appears on my "Installed programs" list, but I am still asked to upgrade the player when I try to run something that needs the player.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS, Mike?

and what browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry; Win7, 54 bit and Firefox v27

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the stub installer or the FULL? Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what a stub installer is.  I dl'd the file from the Adobe sight, like I have in the past; it's just that this time I got the error.

I used the link you included and dl'd the file; and got the same error when I tried to install it.

I pressed continue every time it popped up and when it was finished I tried running to video that prompted the upgrade and I got another Flashplayer upgrade prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen this error before.  Does Flash Player show as installed in Programs & Features?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?  You can paste a screenshot of these folders; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash.jpg

I had a virus removed recently, by the tech service I subcribe to.  I am wondering if there is a connection?  I thought to call them first but thought I'd better check with someone here first, to  make sure it wasn't an issue with the install.  I'm begining to think now is the time to call them.  I will wait to hear what you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything seems to be there.  Does the Shockwave Flash plugin show up in Firefox (Tools | Add-ons | Plugins) ?

Does it show as installed on http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I followed the steps in the link. 

I got not installed on the Check option so went ot the Extentions in FF and reset the Always activated option,  When I went back to the Check option it showed as installed!

I don't know what those error messages were all about or why the Always activated option had to be reset but I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Maybe it was something the tech guy did when he was clearing and resetting my system; to get rid of that virus.

Thanks so much for hanging in there with me in this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines