• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to copy index keywords or an entire index from one Robohelp 10 project to another?

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to copy index keywords or an entire index from one Robohelp 10 project to another? I have a project that I made extensive edits to. I had to tweak the mobile.css file and screen layouts, etc. It doesn't have all the index keywords I need and I want to avoid re-creating/linking index entries. Is there a way I can copy them from another project I have?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new index and the dialog will allow you to copy an existing index.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. This is great. It achieved what I needed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I am not understanding your intent....

Yes, but...

Index entries are linked to existing topics. If this is a new project, you can import existing topics and the index entries will be imported as well. Similarly, if you are importing a Word document, you have the option to import the index entries.

Importing the index entries without the topics makes little sense because the keywords have to be included (explicitely in the text) or separately as a keyword, linked to the topic. Without the topic, the index entry has no "home".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Paula. I had separate projects with identical topics. I had made a lot of extensive changes to mobile.css for Multiscreen HTML5 output in one of the projects, but that one didn't have index tags. (I had copied a version of the original project before I added index entries and finally had the mobile.css the way I wanted it. However, if I copied that mobile.css to the indexed project, a lot of things went wrong.) It was just easier for me to copy the index to the project with the "good" mobile.css. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp