• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X5 Component 4 issue - can't edit topics

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2007 Sep 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have mentioned this issue (opening Robohelp HTML, a message displays: 'Unable to run component 4' ...and no topics will open in the wysiwyg editor).

No one seems to have come up with a real solution, other than a suggestion that one must install RH as an administrator. I've done a complete uninstall and reinstall of RH as per adobe instructions. I'm installing as administrator. I've disabled virus and spyware software. Again and again I run into the same problem.

A wrinkle...others have reported the same problem but didn't share their operating system. I'm on Vista. I know X5 is not guaranteed on Vista, but I have a subcontractor who has installed it on a Vista machine and it's running perfectly.

Any suggestions as to what to look for?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2007 Sep 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi lkarlin and welcome to the RH community.
I think you have answered your own question. RH is not currently supported under Vista. Some people may well be able to run RH under Vista but that does not mean that everyone can. I think there is little anyone here can offer other than what you have already done. The only thing I can suggest is to see if there are any configuration differences between you and your sub-contractor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp