• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from roboHelp x3 to V7

New Here ,
May 29, 2007 May 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any major reason to Prefer RoboHelp V 7 over RoboHelp x3 or any reason to avoid x3 - major bugs or anything. Is there any backward compatibility issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2007 May 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I would guess there are quite a few bugs in RH7 as it is still in development. Perhaps you meant RH6?

I can't think of any reason I would want to go back to X3 or of any compatibility issues.

Take a look at the RH6 page on my site. It points to various bits of information so that you can see which features might appeal to you. You have not indicated your reason for upgrading.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2007 May 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Peter.

Actually we currently have RH x3 and our Help is written in that when RH x3 was bought and now I am assigned to enhance the Help but I was not sure that enhancing a help would be a good idea in RH3 or if we should upgrade to RH6. sorry, I meant RH6 not RH7.
Also, I was not sure that working with RHx3 would be running smoth with all the other softwares which have been updated over the time, i.e. MS Word, Pdf etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you are a fairly light user and are happy as long as your version will work, not too bothered by "must have the latest"?

If that is the case, Word is the only issue. As long as you don't upgrade beyond Word 2002 that should be OK. When you upgrade Word, you have to uninstall and reinstall RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks again for your reply.

I think we are going to go with the latest.

I appreciate your valuable information and i have added your site in my favorites in case if i get any problem upgrading to V6 and while working with V6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp