Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut for *starting* recording ?

Guide ,
May 29, 2007 May 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

this is probably a dumb Captivate 2 question, but it seems I just only change the *start* Recording keys for "full motion recording" and not the regular recording -- or is this all the same ?
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 29, 2007 May 29, 2007
Hi Günter

There really is no generic "Start Recording" key, as you must launch it from the application itself. However, while you are in the process of recording, I believe you may click the Pause/Break key to pause as well as resume a recording in progress.

The Full Motion Recording keys start and stop Full motion recording. This is separate from normal recording. Generally used for brief bits such as dragging a window from here to there. Dragging the thumb of a scroll bar. Or possibly draggi...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2007 May 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter

There really is no generic "Start Recording" key, as you must launch it from the application itself. However, while you are in the process of recording, I believe you may click the Pause/Break key to pause as well as resume a recording in progress.

The Full Motion Recording keys start and stop Full motion recording. This is separate from normal recording. Generally used for brief bits such as dragging a window from here to there. Dragging the thumb of a scroll bar. Or possibly dragging to select text.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 30, 2007 May 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick,

thanks, this confirms my biggest worries ;-)

really wonder why this has been omitted, because in the "1st slide" workflow it "hurts" having to click the mouse on the start button and then moving it to the top of your screen for e.g. capturing an application menu -- would be more comfortable to first positioning the mouse near the menu and start recording with Enter or so. Pausing/resuming works fine -- guess I´ll submit a wish just for the non-intuitive start

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources