• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to RH11. How do I go back and open previous projects in RH9?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is having major issues with RH11 and now want to go back to RH9 until we sort the issues out. How do I open projects in an older version of help still installed on my machine? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you didn't make a backup copy of your project, you may be in for a bit of work. It's generally not as simple as just opening the project in the older version.

Have you posted here with the issues you are seeing with version 11 to see if they might be easily overcome?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a backup copy of the project in RH9 on my hard drive.

My collegues have posted issues.  We have issues with published output in Internet Explorer 9 - dtml doesn't always work, TOC and Captivate videos don't load correctly or at all.  (Exausting)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still need help on this....  Please help if anyone has any experience in doing this.  My projects worked without any problems in RH9. Now, how can I go back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the link below:

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/downgrade-robohelp-project

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you’ve got a backup of the project in RH9, restore a copy of it, then just launch RH9 and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp