• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integration

New Here ,
May 30, 2007 May 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have integrated the robo help file in my dot net project, in the menu. On click of the menu, i get popup with 2 options Open and save. The open button opens the .chm file and save button saves the .chm file in the local hard disk. But i dont want the popup to be displayed in the application and it should directly opened online.. Is this possible.. how?

Please help me. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

CHMs are no longer meant to work from a server. You can force it with registry changes but your customers might not be too keen on that. The whole subject is described on my site under authoring.

I suggest you should be using webhelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi bglal and I too welcome you

I agree with Peter, WebHelp is probably what you want. But I'll expound on the .CHM bit by saying .CHM has never been intended to work from a server. Even before Microsoft changed security on them you would STILL see that pesky "Run from here or save to hard drive? message if you had the .CHM on a web server. It's just the way these beasties behave.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp