7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 5:57 PM by ansturm

Edge Animate CC crashes on right-click on any Object in Elements window

ansturm Level 1

Hi,

Every time I right click on an Object in Elements window Animate crashes on me.

Same thing happens, when i click on the "Open Actions" Button - "{ }"

I really would apreciate some kind of help with this problem, since I am able to accomplish nothing this way.

I am running on a 2010 MacBook Pro 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo - OSX 10.9

Adobe Edge CC downloaded today via Creative Cloud

Thanks in advance,

have a beautiful day,

Anne

• 1. Re: Edge Animate CC crashes on right-click on any Object in Elements window
          ansturm Level 1

I experimented a bit and found out the following

concerning elements Window:

- It instantly crashes, if I right-click on an unselected Element

- It also crashes, when I click on the "open Actions" Button left of an Element (doesn't matter if selected or unselected)

- right-click is possible, when I select the element first by left-clicking, but it still crashes, when I select "open Actions" from the right-click context-menu.

(all other options from context-menu work fine if I open it by selecting first).

In either case whenever I click "open Actions" button or Menu Item the system shows the Actions Window and some kind of contextual menu, where i see options like "click", "dblclick","mouseover" after displaing tha for only an instant it crashes and the whole app disappears.

This on the other hand is working:

Is it the same thing as clicking on the "open Actions" Button?

An1.jpg

An2.jpg

Thanks for advice.

Still strange, that this bug is in existance at all. It's destroying my workflow by always crashing... but I'll just try to avoid it then for now. Any suggestions on fixing it would be welcome though!

Thanks,

Anne

• 2. Re: Edge Animate CC crashes on right-click on any Object in Elements window
            ansturm Level 1

Ok... just found out, that it also crashes, when i right-click on any unselected timeline elements as well... probably all elements that are not selected.

If anyone can think of a reason...  thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Edge Animate CC crashes on right-click on any Object in Elements window
              hemanthR Adobe Employee

HI,

Sorry you are facing this problem.

Are you using Aniamte CC 3.0?

DO you face this crash  with every file or is this limited to specific file?

If your are facing this problem with every file can you clear your preference and let mem know if your still facing this problem?

Here is the link that describes how to clear preference:

http://helpx.adobe.com/edge-animate/kb/restore-preferences-edge-animate.html

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Edge Animate CC crashes on right-click on any Object in Elements window
                ansturm Level 1

Hi hemanth,

Thanks for the reply,

I am Using Edge Animate 3.0.0.322.27519

(Actual Version downloded via Creative Cloud)

I renamed the Folder

/Users/Your User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Edge Animate

TO

.../OLD Edge Animate

as suggested in the link you gave me...

I restarted An and not only is the problem still ocurring, but also the program did not create a new '.../Edge Animate' Folder.

The Link you gave me stated:

After you have removed your existing preferences, restart Edge Animate. The application creates new preferences files and folders using the default settings.

This did not happen.

but program is starting normally without the preferences Folder obviously - problems stay the same

It's nice to know, that you are there to care about the problem -

thanks for that so far and if you can think of anything else -

don't hesitate to write

have a beautiful day,

Anne**

• 5. Re: Edge Animate CC crashes on right-click on any Object in Elements window
                  ansturm Level 1

I renamed it manually again to "Edge Animate"

just fyi: the file is only 13byte and opened with a text editor only shows the following:

An3.jpeg

An4.jpeg

I am just wondering if there could be anything preventing Animate from saving a preference File and just maybe if that could be the solution for my problem.

thx!

• 6. Re: Edge Animate CC crashes on right-click on any Object in Elements window
                    hemanthR Adobe Employee

Sorry for that wrong info in the KB article.

You will find preference file in Users/<user name>/Library/Preference/Adobe/Edge Animate/3.0.0

Can you rename this folder and restart  Animate and verify if the problem is stil re-producible?

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Edge Animate CC crashes on right-click on any Object in Elements window
                      ansturm Level 1

I searched a lot, but i think you meant .../appilication support/... and not .../preferences/...

I renamed it now and opened the program...

it did not create a new folder of that kind,

BUT

the problem seems to be gone for now!!!

I am really happy about that!

Thank you so much...

if the problem occurs again, I'll answer here, let me first work a bit with An now to try all the possibilities to reproduce the problem.

Thanks again for your help...

I am still confudes how renaming the '3.0.0' Folder helped and renaming he 'Edge Animate' one didn't, since one is inside the other

Have a beautiful day!!!

Anne**