Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant convert to printed document

New Here ,
May 21, 2007 May 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am getting the following mesage when i try to convert my html help into a printed document.
"The Document Wizard cannot locate Microsoft Word. Please install Microsoft Word before generating printed documentation."
I have the MS Word 2003 vesion..Pl anyone help me at the earliest.
Thanks & Regards
tech writer - biq

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you updated Word without uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp?

See Print Issues on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
thank you for your reply..but the word was installed very long back and very recently i installed robohelp in my system..
but i uninstalled and reinstalled robohelp and it didnt help anyway..wat shall i do now??the same meassage is displayed.
is there any way to resolve this??i am supposed to give the printed document on 23rd may evening...pl help me out..
thanks & regards
tech writer - biq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so the reinstallation suggestion didn't work but did you nonetheless look at the topic and try what is suggested there?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
ya tried that topic too. Bur i cud nt find anyhting related to my problem. can u suggest someother way??im in great distress as my reporting head is pampering me..
thanks & regards
tech writer - biq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2007 May 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your boss is pampering because it is not working! Geese, what do they do when you deliver something that does work?

I think that pretty much all the known solutions are in that topic. Whenever I find one or someone reports one, in it goes. That's not to say there isn't some other reason but that I don't have any more ideas. I'm assuming RoboHelp was installed using your logon and with admin rights attached.

Have you read through the topic very methodically?

Tomorrow evening I could look at your project. If you are still stuck tomorrow, contact me via my site but don't send the project yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2007 May 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon folks
I have come across this problem too - this morning oddly enough. Actually 'problem' is too stronger word. But here's what i found.
Due to the wonderful features of Word/XP and the user profiles. You can get this scenario if you log in as a 'new' user ie with no profile.
If you open 'Word' first, you'll get the msg. that it has got to be 'setup'. It'll then rattle through, and config it for the new user.
Once you've done this everything should be fine when you run RH.
Hope this fixes it
Al.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2007 May 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for that one Al. I'll add it to the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp