• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.77 not playing in Mozilla Firefox 27.0.1

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows XP.  I downloaded Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.7 and installed it on my computer.  I opened Mozilla Firefox 27.0.1 and went to youtube to watch videos.  I clicked on a video to watch and received the following information:

The Adobe Flash Player is required for video playback.

Get the latest Flash Player.

I opened Control Panel on my computer and saw that Adobe Flash Player is indeed installed.  So why is Firefox not recognizing it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Check out the Firefox fixes too, though, as they will help.

And we all started somewhere. I still laugh at the things I did in 1998 with my first system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb711 wrote:

I opened Control Panel on my computer and saw that Adobe Flash Player is indeed installed.

What is installed: the ActiveX, or the Plugin, or both?  You need the plugin for Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry it took me so long to reply.

I use Mozilla Firefox.  When I open firefox, click Tools, add-ons, and plugins, there is no listing for Adobe Flash Player.  So how do I get the plugin?

Just a note: I truly appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb711 wrote:

So sorry it took me so long to reply.

I use Mozilla Firefox.  When I open firefox, click Tools, add-ons, and plugins, there is no listing for Adobe Flash Player.  So how do I get the plugin?

Just a note: I truly appreciate your help!

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already installed the newest flash player, but it didn't put the plugin in Mozilla firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it in C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash?

01.jpg

If so, it IS installed and you most likely need to reset Firefox. (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I have the plugin listed.

NOW, if what I'm about to say sounds stupid in computer land, promise me you won't laugh or get mad.  I'm not all that "hip" on computer stuff, so you have to give me a break and have mercy.

I opened Firefox, clicked on "Tools", clicked "Add-ons", and noticed there is a "Shockwave Flash 12.0.0.77" listed.  Is that the adobe flash player?

It is set on "never activate" - because when I have it on, I get a computer page stall from time to time, and a little window pops up saying, "

Warning:  Unresponsive script
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.  You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
(gives me "Continue" & "Stop script" buttons to click on)

When I have it on "never activate", it hardly ever happens.

Remember, if Shockwave Flash is the Adobe Flash, then I am truly embarrassed and feel a complete idiot, so be nice 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Firefox, clicked on "Tools", clicked "Add-ons", and noticed there is a "Shockwave Flash 12.0.0.77" listed.  Is that the adobe flash player?

Yes, it is.

It is set on "never activate" - because when I have it on, I get a computer page stall from time to time, and a little window pops up saying, "Warning:  Unresponsive script, A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.  You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete."

See: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/warning-unresponsive-script for a few suggested solutions.

BTW, "script" errors are not the same as Unresponsive plug-in errors.

The former are caused by javascript, ASP script or PHP scripts (in the page code) malfunctioning or "locking up".

The latter are caused by a defective plug-in (like Flash Player).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I get a warning telling me that Shockwave Flash is busy with a script (or something like that) and do I want it to continue or stop.  I always click stop.  But other times it is the "unresponsive script" warning.

So I do have Adobe Flash Player.  I just have to activate it when I want to watch videos, then deactivate when I finish, so it won't give me the pop up warning.

By the way, THANK YOU for not laughing at my stupidity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check out the Firefox fixes too, though, as they will help.

And we all started somewhere. I still laugh at the things I did in 1998 with my first system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines