Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access Denied - while published

New Here ,
May 29, 2007 May 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Iam trying to publish the changes made on my machine to a server through the network.
I have all permission (write/modify/delete) on that server, but when I use Robohelp, getting "Access Denied" error & unable to publish.
Looks like this happens only to the Flash & XML files.

Any ideas & Suggestions to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Saangy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 30, 2007 May 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome, Saangy.
You didn't mention what version of RoboHelp you are using or what kind of web server you are publishing to. A Windows web server (IIS)? A UNIX web server? RoboHelp Engine 4? RoboHelp Server 6?

That said, (and not being an IT person) it sounds like a permissions problem involving your network and not RoboHelp itself.
Just having write/modify/delete permissions is not the only thing that might cause problems. My guess is that you'll need the help of your network administrator.

If you'd like to elaborate a bit more, we'll try to help.

john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2007 May 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
John,

THank you for the reply. We are using Robohelp 5.0.2 & we are publishing it to the Windows server 2003 with IIS 6.
We have checked all the permissions on the server & the network, everything is good.
As an individual user, iam able to create, delete, modfiy files in the same directory structure. So we rule out the permissions issue on the Webserver.
The wierd part is only the FlashHelp is giving me the error "Access Deined", we are able to publish using the "HTMLHelp"

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sangy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp