• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make image map hotspots visible?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an image map with multiple hotspots (using RoboHelp HTML v11, creating a WebHelp help system). The hotspots are invisible by default. Is there any way to make them visible, so the user can see that they are present in WebHelp? Thanks!

Tim Huddleston,

Charlotte, NC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Interesting situation. Most of the time folks WANT hotspots hidden as they often detract from the image.

I might think the simplest solution would involve just editing the image so the desired indication is there.

But if you are determined to work with code to accomplish it, the link below may provide some clues.

http://www.frankmanno.com/ideas/css-imagemap/

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, Rick! That's an interesting article. May have to give it a try.

Actually, my description wasn't really clear. I want the hotspots to be invisible until the user touches one with the mouse pointer. I'm after a "hover" effect that makes the hotspot visible temporarily to alert the user that it's there. I have placed an instruction right above the image map telling the user that parts of the image can be clicked to view descriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay...  Are you by chance using the Technical Communication Suite?

If so, Adobe Captivate would be the easiest way to accomplish this. That's the approach I would be taking. I'd create what I like to call a "one slide wonder" that has all the rollovers in it. The plop the Captivate right onto the page.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EXCELLENT suggestion! I am using TCS5 but really don't know much about Captivate yet. This is a good chance to learn some new tricks. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp