• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't apply hotfix due to applet error

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to apply this hotfix http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-security-hotfix-apsb13-03.html but when I go to System Info > Update File, I get a JRE security related error. I've tried Chrome, Safari, FF on PC and Mac without avail. Is there any other way to apply the hotfix without having some stupid applet? UGH.  TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

All I had to do was copy the updates to lib/updates I'm running CF 9.01, BTW.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Balance wrote:

... when I go to System Info > Update File, I get a JRE security related error.

I assume you are on ColdFusion 10. Then you mean surely: Server Update > Updates in the ColdFusion Administrator.

If you are indeed on 10, make sure you install the Mandatory Update first. That is crucial! You can do this manually by downloading the JAR file, and running the command: java -jar <jar-file-name>.

You could solve the Java security problem by relaxing Java's security level on your machine. I am on Windows, and can lower Java security settings in the Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BKBK: They seems to be on ColdFusion 9.

Here is what you can try:-

Instead of clicking on thge browse button, click within the textbox and type the complete location including the file name. For e.g. C:\Users\adobe\Downloads\CF902.zip\CF902\lib\updates\hf902-00003.jar and then press submit.

The hotfix would be applied successfully.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All I had to do was copy the updates to lib/updates I'm running CF 9.01, BTW.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation