Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Situation:

Upgraded several projects from RH9 to RH11

WebHelp Pro Output

RoboHelp Server 9

Search no longer works for upgraded RH11 projects.  No matter the topic or keyword entered, results are zero.

Search works on RH9 projects.

I looked through forums for similar situations, I didn't find any for RH11.  Some solutions for RH10 said to verify the whfts file included all the xml packages and the RH11 output does.  Others had to do with settings in WebHelp but couldn't find anything specific to WebHelp Pro.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Received the link from Adobe Support today - the site has both the RH11 Client patch and the RH9 Server patch.

The RHS update is live now at
http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/robohelp-server-update-901.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work if you test it locally or on another web server? Just wondering if it’s RH11 or RH Server that is the issue…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have checked more closely.  Looking at the output view, some errors are displaying.  They are template errors. 

Cannot resolve macro:  WT_DS_SEARCHFORM_GO in C:\[local directory]...\whform.htm

and

Error:  Fail to update Template file whskin_rmset010.htm

Error:  Fail to update Template file whskin_frmset01.htm

Error:  Fail to update Template file whskin_rmset0.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are some of the files used to build the help's frameset so that explains why the search isn't working. Now we just need to work out what the build is failing. Can you try generating WebHelp Pro output for one of the sample projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the Salesbuilder2 sample and received the same errors.  The only difference was the local directory for the whform.htm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever been able to generate either WebHelp or WebHelp Pro output using RH11? If not, this suggests something is wrong with the install. Did you apply the patch covered at:

http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/webhelp-issues-robohelp-versions-10.html

If you did, it maybe worth reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't heard about or installed that patch.  I did and it still failed.  Re-downloading Installer Package from Adobe Licensing Website now - I will try the reinstall and let you know how it goes.  Thanks so much to you and Jeff for such quick replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update...I reinstalled RH11 and loaded the patch.  The frameset errors have gone away, however, after I publish the search, it still fails. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the sample again & see if it fails – if it does, report it to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be absolutely sure, I uninstalled and reinstalled again. Loaded patch. Ran sample project and no frameset errors but still broken Search.

I will report it to Adobe this afternoon.

Thanks, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update...it seems the fact that I am publishing to RH Server 9 is the problem.  I received word from Adobe tech support:

"We have fixed that issue and soon we are releasing the patch for RHS 9 to support RH 11."

The expected patch is expected to be delivered by end of March 2014. 

Thanks for all who helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Received the link from Adobe Support today - the site has both the RH11 Client patch and the RH9 Server patch.

The RHS update is live now at
http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/robohelp-server-update-901.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp